How do I effectively erase tapes? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How do I effectively erase tapes? - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I am ready to remove a tape from the backup cycle, and want to trash it, how do I effectively erase ALL data from the tape so no one will be able to read it? TIA...

  1. How do I effectively erase tapes?

    When I am ready to remove a tape from the backup cycle, and want to
    trash it, how do I effectively erase ALL data from the tape so no one
    will be able to read it?

    TIA

  2. Re: How do I effectively erase tapes?

    null wrote:
    > When I am ready to remove a tape from the backup cycle, and want to
    > trash it, how do I effectively erase ALL data from the tape so no one
    > will be able to read it?
    >
    > TIA

    if your drive supports it, you could do a Long Erase, or you can
    purchase a Deguasser.

+ Reply to Thread