Backup to disk file size ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup to disk file size ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are currently looking into backup to disk using BE 9.0 and we were wondering if anyone had advice regarding the backup file size max. The default is 1GB, which seems a little small. Has anyone changed the default size ...

  1. Backup to disk file size ?

    We are currently looking into backup to disk using BE 9.0 and we were wondering
    if anyone had advice regarding the backup file size max. The default is 1GB,
    which seems a little small.

    Has anyone changed the default size and if so why, and how did it work out.

    Thanks in advance

    Tom Smith

  2. Re: Backup to disk file size ?

    TomSmithUSF wrote:
    > We are currently looking into backup to disk using BE 9.0 and we were wondering
    > if anyone had advice regarding the backup file size max. The default is 1GB,
    > which seems a little small.
    >
    > Has anyone changed the default size and if so why, and how did it work out.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Tom Smith

    Nope, did'nt changed the default size. The 'help' did not explain what
    the benefits would be if you would make this bigger. Maby it depends on
    the number of data you are backup to the device, the more data the
    bigger the B2D device the more efficient data storage would be ? I don't
    really know.

    --
    Kind Regards
    A van der Boom

  3. Re: Backup to disk file size ?

    The default is 1Gb as this is seen as a comfortable amount to move around on
    the network.
    There are no other ( at leasrt none that i am aware of) reasons why this is
    the default - change it all you like, but bear in mind the time it takes to
    manage the files if moving them around.

    OJ

    "TomSmithUSF" wrote in message

    > We are currently looking into backup to disk using BE 9.0 and we were

    wondering
    > if anyone had advice regarding the backup file size max. The default is

    1GB,
    > which seems a little small.
    >
    > Has anyone changed the default size and if so why, and how did it work

    out.

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Tom Smith

+ Reply to Thread