Iomaga zip drives 35\90 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Iomaga zip drives 35\90 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I had a couple of questions. do you know if veritas 8.6 or 9.1 supports these type of devices? they are zip disks. Another questions is i have these installed and the machine notices them as cd-roms. Would i ...

  1. Iomaga zip drives 35\90

    Hello,

    I had a couple of questions. do you know if veritas 8.6 or 9.1 supports
    these type of devices? they are zip disks. Another questions is i have these
    installed and the machine notices them as cd-roms. Would i be able to do a
    backup to removable disk? when i try to point to it, it gives me an error"
    access denied" any help or comments would be greatly appreciated

    thanks

  2. Re: Iomaga zip drives 35\90

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:28:04 -0600, "Humberto C"
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I had a couple of questions. do you know if veritas 8.6 or 9.1 supports
    >these type of devices? they are zip disks. Another questions is i have these
    >installed and the machine notices them as cd-roms. Would i be able to do a
    >backup to removable disk? when i try to point to it, it gives me an error"
    >access denied" any help or comments would be greatly appreciated
    >

    >thanks

    You mean Iomega REV drives with the 35/90GB removable disks. I'm
    using an internal ATAPI REV drive with Veritas BE 9.1. So far it has
    performed without any problems.

    Make sure you have the latest Iomega driver installed on your machine
    and use the Veritas Backup to Removable Disk option for backup.

    Without the Iomega driver installed the drive will appear as a CD-ROM
    drive which you can't write to so you HAVE to install the Iomega
    driver software.

    Obtain the REV driver software from

    http://www.iomega.com/software/index_en.html

    NO SPAM.