Restore Exchange Problems - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore Exchange Problems - Veritas Backup Exec ; When trying to restore from tape to our Exchange 2003 system after catastrophic failure, we get the following message: Completed status: Failed Final error code: a000848c HEX Final error description: Unable to attach to one of the drives. This happens ...

  1. Restore Exchange Problems

    When trying to restore from tape to our Exchange 2003 system after catastrophic
    failure, we get the following message:

    Completed status: Failed
    Final error code: a000848c HEX
    Final error description: Unable to attach to one of the drives.

    This happens when trying to restore to the normal server or to a secondary
    location. Is our backup actually no good? How can I restore this backup
    that has not reported any problems during the actual backup routine?

    Any responses are appreciated given the urgency of the problem.

  2. Re: Restore Exchange Problems

    David Francis wrote:
    > When trying to restore from tape to our Exchange 2003 system after catastrophic
    > failure, we get the following message:
    >
    > Completed status: Failed
    > Final error code: a000848c HEX
    > Final error description: Unable to attach to one of the drives.
    >

    > This happens when trying to restore to the normal server or to a secondary
    > location. Is our backup actually no good? How can I restore this backup
    > that has not reported any problems during the actual backup routine?
    >
    > Any responses are appreciated given the urgency of the problem.

    Assuming that you have done a fresh install of Exchange, have you
    (re)created the Account that BEWS uses to connect, and have you changed
    the password to what it was before the failure?

+ Reply to Thread