Unable restore files on NetWare - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable restore files on NetWare - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using Veritas BE 9.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 server. On network are four NetWare 6.0 servers with Veritas Remote agent installed. When I run backup over NetWare SMS services I can select file system, NDS and all resources ...

  1. Unable restore files on NetWare

    I am using Veritas BE 9.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 server. On network are four
    NetWare 6.0 servers with Veritas Remote agent installed. When I run backup
    over NetWare SMS services I can select file system, NDS and all resources
    correctly. If i try restore some files to the same location (or another) on
    NetWare File System restore job failed with error access denied. In job
    history are messages "error writing SMS data stream" by each file which
    Veritas want to write to volume.
    I installed agent under special account, which have all neccesary right to
    eDir and filesystem. I tried run restore under Admin account and error is
    the same.

    Any idea whre is a problem ??

    Any answer will be greatly appreciated !!

    David Cecelsky

  2. Re: Unable restore files on NetWare

    "David Čečelský" wrote:
    >I am using Veritas BE 9.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 server. On network are four

    >NetWare 6.0 servers with Veritas Remote agent installed. When I run backup

    >over NetWare SMS services I can select file system, NDS and all resources

    >correctly. If i try restore some files to the same location (or another)

    on
    >NetWare File System restore job failed with error access denied. In job

    >history are messages "error writing SMS data stream" by each file which

    >Veritas want to write to volume.
    >I installed agent under special account, which have all neccesary right

    >eDir and filesystem. I tried run restore under Admin account and error is

    >the same.
    >
    >Any idea whre is a problem ??
    >
    >Any answer will be greatly appreciated !!
    >
    >David Cecelsky

    David,

    If you are running NW6.0 SP4 or 5, the problem could be TSAFS. I had so much
    trouble,
    I got a copy of TSA600 from NW6.0 SP3. Worked like a charm. I'm not sure
    if this is fixed in any later version of TSAFS yet.

    Jim

  3. Re: Unable restore files on NetWare

    Thanks, I applied new patches from Novell and this solved the problem.

    "Jim" wrote in message news:41dedf04@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > "David Čečelský" wrote:
    >>I am using Veritas BE 9.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 server. On network are four

    >>NetWare 6.0 servers with Veritas Remote agent installed. When I run backup

    >>over NetWare SMS services I can select file system, NDS and all resources

    >>correctly. If i try restore some files to the same location (or another)

    > on
    >>NetWare File System restore job failed with error access denied. In job

    >>history are messages "error writing SMS data stream" by each file which

    >>Veritas want to write to volume.
    >>I installed agent under special account, which have all neccesary right

    >>eDir and filesystem. I tried run restore under Admin account and error is

    >>the same.
    >>
    >>Any idea whre is a problem ??
    >>
    >>Any answer will be greatly appreciated !!
    >>
    >>David Cecelsky
    >>

    > David,
    >
    > If you are running NW6.0 SP4 or 5, the problem could be TSAFS. I had so
    > much
    > trouble,
    > I got a copy of TSA600 from NW6.0 SP3. Worked like a charm. I'm not sure
    > if this is fixed in any later version of TSAFS yet.
    >
    > Jim

+ Reply to Thread