XP SP2 -> Unable to initialize Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on XP SP2 -> Unable to initialize Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hy, i have installed the Remote Agent and the und Advanced Open File Option's local on our XP SP2 Computer (with running setupaofo.cmd from Rant32, after copying that local on the computer). Now the Backup seems to be succesfull (Job ...

  1. XP SP2 -> Unable to initialize Remote Agent

    Hy,

    i have installed the Remote Agent and the und Advanced Open File
    Option's local on our XP SP2 Computer (with running setupaofo.cmd from
    Rant32, after copying that local on the computer). Now the Backup seems
    to be succesfull (Job Status: Completed with Exceptions). But when i
    look at the Job Log, there is an error on that XP SP2 Computer:

    Unable to initialize Remote Agent

    and an Exception:

    Backup - xxxOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\?\UNC\xxx\BACKUP".
    Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
    OFO: Volume specified is not snappable. Possible reasons: Not a fixed
    drive, or contains an active cache file or does not have a valid source
    or is write protected.
    (xxx is the servername)

    i have also configured the XP Firewall:

    Whats the Problem?

    When i turn off the Firewall it seems to be ok (no error), but how can i
    use the Remote Agent without turning of the Firewall or what should i do?

    thanks a lot,
    Peter

  2. Re: XP SP2 -> Unable to initialize Remote Agent

    Hi Peter,

    Try following theis technote

    Rob

    "peter.wyss\"@\"timeware.ch" <"peter.wyss\"@\"timeware.ch"> wrote:
    >Hy,
    >
    >i have installed the Remote Agent and the und Advanced Open File
    >Option's local on our XP SP2 Computer (with running setupaofo.cmd from
    >Rant32, after copying that local on the computer). Now the Backup seems

    >to be succesfull (Job Status: Completed with Exceptions). But when i
    >look at the Job Log, there is an error on that XP SP2 Computer:
    >
    >Unable to initialize Remote Agent
    >

    >and an Exception:
    >
    >Backup - xxxOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\?\UNC\xxx\BACKUP".
    >Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
    >OFO: Volume specified is not snappable. Possible reasons: Not a fixed
    >drive, or contains an active cache file or does not have a valid source

    >or is write protected.
    >(xxx is the servername)
    >
    >i have also configured the XP Firewall:
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/244303.htm
    >
    >Whats the Problem?
    >
    >When i turn off the Firewall it seems to be ok (no error), but how can i

    >use the Remote Agent without turning of the Firewall or what should i do?
    >
    >thanks a lot,
    >Peter

  3. Re: XP SP2 -> Unable to initialize Remote Agent

    thanks!! these solves my problems...

    peter

+ Reply to Thread