BE cluster aware upgrade from 8.5 to 9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE cluster aware upgrade from 8.5 to 9.1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi we have now decided to upgrade from 8.5 to 9.1 read all the documentation about uninstalling from inactive nodes and installing on the local host initiator node, however we have a version of Exec view installed and everytime the ...

  1. BE cluster aware upgrade from 8.5 to 9.1

    Hi we have now decided to upgrade from 8.5 to 9.1 read all the documentation
    about uninstalling from inactive nodes and installing on the local host initiator
    node, however we have a version of Exec view installed and everytime the
    install of 9.1 fails due to errors with the ECM. We have tried to remove
    the ECM but it cant find the original install temp files so that fails. We
    have removed all registry keys reporting ECM entries and it still fails.
    We decided to remove all Veritas software and do a clean install but still
    it fails, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    John

  2. Re: BE cluster aware upgrade from 8.5 to 9.1

    Hi,

    check if u have deleted these keys.

    f. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Exec View
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\ECM Service

    also what error do u get in bkupinst.log

    check this technote also
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/267832

    rob

    "John Considine" wrote:

    >Hi we have now decided to upgrade from 8.5 to 9.1 read all the documentation
    >about uninstalling from inactive nodes and installing on the local host

    initiator
    >node, however we have a version of Exec view installed and everytime the
    >install of 9.1 fails due to errors with the ECM. We have tried to remove
    >the ECM but it cant find the original install temp files so that fails.

    We
    >have removed all registry keys reporting ECM entries and it still fails.
    >We decided to remove all Veritas software and do a clean install but still
    >it fails, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >John

+ Reply to Thread