Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Alexis wrote: > Hi, > > how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6? > I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate the > catalogs. > Is there a solution? > ...

  1. Re: Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6

    Alexis wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?
    > I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate the
    > catalogs.
    > Is there a solution?
    >
    > Thank's for support,
    >
    > Alexis

    Stop tha BEWS services
    Copy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want them
    Delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file
    Restart BEWS

  2. Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6

    Hi,

    how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?
    I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate the
    catalogs.
    Is there a solution?

    Thank's for support,

    Alexis

  3. Re: Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6

    Alexis wrote:
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    >
    >>Alexis wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?
    >>>I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate

    > the
    >
    >>>catalogs.
    >>>Is there a solution?
    >>>
    >>>Thank's for support,
    >>>
    >>>Alexis

    >>Stop tha BEWS services
    >>Copy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want them
    >>Delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file
    >>Restart BEWS

    > Thank's for answer,
    >
    > what can I do with duplicate file names?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Alexis

    I assume you mean two identically named U01 files?

    About all you could do in that case is determine which volume(s) they
    refer to, move one to the new loction, and inventory/catalog the other
    set after the merge

  4. Re: Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Alexis wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?
    >> I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate

    the
    >> catalogs.
    >> Is there a solution?
    >>
    >> Thank's for support,
    >>
    >> Alexis

    >Stop tha BEWS services
    >Copy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want them
    >Delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file
    >Restart BEWS

    Thank's for answer,

    what can I do with duplicate file names?

    Regards,

    Alexis

  5. Re: Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Alexis wrote:
    >> Ken Putnam wrote:

    >> the

    >>>Stop tha BEWS services
    >>>Copy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want them
    >>>Delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file
    >>>Restart BEWS

    >> Thank's for answer,
    >>
    >> what can I do with duplicate file names?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Alexis

    >I assume you mean two identically named U01 files?
    >
    >About all you could do in that case is determine which volume(s) they
    >refer to, move one to the new loction, and inventory/catalog the other
    >set after the merge

    Thank's for support,

    I'll try asap

    Rgds,