BE9.1 4691 Error backing up empty folder called Save_on_tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE9.1 4691 Error backing up empty folder called Save_on_tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there anything with this folder name that Backup Exec doesn't like? I have been getting the following failures of which the first is more common (the actual path is E:\software\backup\Save_on_tape): "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\\Win\Update_on_tape and ...

  1. BE9.1 4691 Error backing up empty folder called Save_on_tape

    Is there anything with this folder name that Backup Exec doesn't like? I have
    been getting the following failures of which the first is more common (the
    actual path is E:\software\backup\Save_on_tape):
    "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\\Win\Update_on_tape
    and its subdirectories."
    "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\㘱㈴ㄭ㈵㐰ㄹㄷ㠭㤳㈵e_on_tape
    and its subdirectories."

    I reserve this folder for files I want to backup occasionally. Thanks.

  2. Re: BE9.1 4691 Error backing up empty folder called Save_on_tape

    Dan_JB wrote:
    > Is there anything with this folder name that Backup Exec doesn't like? I have
    > been getting the following failures of which the first is more common (the
    > actual path is E:\software\backup\Save_on_tape):
    > "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\\Win\Update_on_tape
    > and its subdirectories."
    > "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\㘱㈴ㄭ㈵㐰ㄹㄷ㠭㤳㈵e_on_tape
    > and its subdirectories."
    >
    > I reserve this folder for files I want to backup occasionally. Thanks.

    Double check the permissions on the folder. Looks like the BEWS service
    account doesn't have access to it.

  3. Re: BE9.1 4691 Error backing up empty folder called Save_on_tape

    The permissions are fine and set the same as other folders that backup ok.
    I tried renaming the folder to SaveOnTape and now it works fine? What's with
    that?

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Dan_JB wrote:
    >> Is there anything with this folder name that Backup Exec doesn't like?

    I have
    >> been getting the following failures of which the first is more common

    (the
    >> actual path is E:\software\backup\Save_on_tape):
    >> "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\\Win\Update_on_tape
    >> and its subdirectories."
    >> "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\㘱㈴ㄭ㈵㐰ㄹㄷ㠭㤳㈵e_on_tape
    >> and its subdirectories."
    >>
    >> I reserve this folder for files I want to backup occasionally. Thanks.

    >Double check the permissions on the folder. Looks like the BEWS service

    >account doesn't have access to it.

  4. Re: BE9.1 4691 Error backing up empty folder called Save_on_tape

    Dan_JB wrote:
    > The permissions are fine and set the same as other folders that backup ok.
    > I tried renaming the folder to SaveOnTape and now it works fine? What's with
    > that?
    >

    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    >
    >>Dan_JB wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anything with this folder name that Backup Exec doesn't like?

    > I have
    >
    >>>been getting the following failures of which the first is more common

    > (the
    >
    >>>actual path is E:\software\backup\Save_on_tape):
    >>>"Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\\Win\Update_on_tape
    >>>and its subdirectories."
    >>>"Directory not found. Can not backup directory \software\\㘱㈴ㄭ㈵㐰ㄹㄷ㠭㤳㈵e_on_tape
    >>>and its subdirectories."
    >>>
    >>>I reserve this folder for files I want to backup occasionally. Thanks.

    >>Double check the permissions on the folder. Looks like the BEWS service

    >>account doesn't have access to it.

    dunno

    But looking back at your original post, do you really have two
    directories that have a null name in the path? (three back slashes
    together)

+ Reply to Thread