IDR restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; Barry wrote: > Is there a way to restore using IDR to different hardware. We have a handful > of different servers. If I were to attempt to recover using IDR, it would > not recognize the new server equipment. ...

  1. Re: IDR restore

    Barry wrote:
    > Is there a way to restore using IDR to different hardware. We have a handful
    > of different servers. If I were to attempt to recover using IDR, it would
    > not recognize the new server equipment.
    > I can boot up to the operating system by loading the additional raid drivers
    > during the IDR restore, but how can I do a complete restore. When I reboot
    > the server after a full restore it blue screens on hardware.
    > Do I have to configure all of my servers the same? 2 Processors, the same
    > Perc card. That just doesnít work. I canít be the only one with this problem.

    'Fraid you are more or less out of luck

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191461.htm

  2. IDR restore

    Is there a way to restore using IDR to different hardware. We have a handful
    of different servers. If I were to attempt to recover using IDR, it would
    not recognize the new server equipment.
    I can boot up to the operating system by loading the additional raid drivers
    during the IDR restore, but how can I do a complete restore. When I reboot
    the server after a full restore it blue screens on hardware.
    Do I have to configure all of my servers the same? 2 Processors, the same
    Perc card. That just doesnít work. I canít be the only one with this problem.

+ Reply to Thread