User defined selections - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on User defined selections - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Does anyone know how you include question marks when defining jobs in user defined selections? I keep trying and it keeps telling me that this is an invalid character....

  1. User defined selections

    Hi,

    Does anyone know how you include question marks when defining jobs in
    user defined selections? I keep trying and it keeps telling me that this
    is an invalid character.

  2. Re: User defined selections

    Jim wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how you include question marks when defining jobs in
    > user defined selections? I keep trying and it keeps telling me that this
    > is an invalid character.

    The question mark is a reserved character, used for wildcard selection.
    e.g. 'dir jda?.txt'

    You could try '\?' instead of '?' but why would you use a '?' in a job
    name ?

    --
    Kind Regards
    A van der Boom