Multaple Backups - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Multaple Backups - Veritas Backup Exec ; I want to know if i run 5 backups per night how do i start the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5thone after the other there is no way to tell how long the backup will take before it. Could i start ...

  1. Multaple Backups

    I want to know if i run 5 backups per night how do i start the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
    5thone after the other there is no way to tell how long the backup will take
    before it. Could i start them 5 minutes apart and they will be cued and run
    after the one before finishes?

  2. Re: Multaple Backups

    Steve wrote:
    > I want to know if i run 5 backups per night how do i start the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
    > 5thone after the other there is no way to tell how long the backup will take
    > before it. Could i start them 5 minutes apart and they will be cued and run
    > after the one before finishes?

    You can either do that, or create a BEMCMD command for them and release
    as a POST JOB command.

    (If you just schedule them 5 minutes apart, the length of the jobs will
    be mis-reported)

+ Reply to Thread