Sudden slowdown - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Sudden slowdown - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, What would cause a sudden slowdown in backup speed? I've replaced the tapes, and the drive has been cleaned. The drive is a Sony TSL-11000 autoloader, and I'm running BENT 7.3/4454. GaryK...

  1. Sudden slowdown

    Hi,

    What would cause a sudden slowdown in backup speed? I've replaced the tapes,
    and the drive has been cleaned. The drive is a Sony TSL-11000 autoloader,
    and I'm running BENT 7.3/4454.

    GaryK

  2. Re: Sudden slowdown

    Gary Karasik wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What would cause a sudden slowdown in backup speed? I've replaced the tapes,
    > and the drive has been cleaned. The drive is a Sony TSL-11000 autoloader,
    > and I'm running BENT 7.3/4454.
    >
    > GaryK

    Local or Network Backups?

    if network, have you checked all NICs/Switch ports are NOT set to
    AUTO-NEGOTIATE

  3. Re: Sudden slowdown

    Local.

    GaryK

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > Gary Karasik wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> What would cause a sudden slowdown in backup speed? I've replaced the
    >> tapes, and the drive has been cleaned. The drive is a Sony TSL-11000
    >> autoloader, and I'm running BENT 7.3/4454.
    >>
    >> GaryK

    > Local or Network Backups?
    >
    > if network, have you checked all NICs/Switch ports are NOT set to
    > AUTO-NEGOTIATE

+ Reply to Thread