DLT40/80 drive not functioning after replacement - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on DLT40/80 drive not functioning after replacement - Veritas Backup Exec ; > We have just replaced our DLT40/80 HP drive as the old one suffered a > major > hardware failure. Backup Exec 8.6 now will not start ANY job, either > inventory > or a scheduled job. The jobs just ...

  1. Re: DLT40/80 drive not functioning after replacement

    > We have just replaced our DLT40/80 HP drive as the old one suffered a
    > major
    > hardware failure. Backup Exec 8.6 now will not start ANY job, either
    > inventory
    > or a scheduled job. The jobs just never start, even those that are
    > scheduled
    > to start immediately.
    >
    > Would re-installing the tape drive drivers help? Any other hints would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Backup Exec 8.6 and NT4 Server with an HP DLT40/80 tape drive

    Check your device pool - normally a replaced drive will have a new name,
    like HP2 instead of HP1. Since oftentimes, people setup Backup Exec to
    target jobs at a specific device, you may need to add the new drive to the
    drive pool and then set the jobs to target that drive pool. That way if you
    replace it again, you only need to add the drive to the pool.

    Regards,

    John

  2. DLT40/80 drive not functioning after replacement

    We have just replaced our DLT40/80 HP drive as the old one suffered a major
    hardware failure. Backup Exec 8.6 now will not start ANY job, either inventory
    or a scheduled job. The jobs just never start, even those that are scheduled
    to start immediately.

    Would re-installing the tape drive drivers help? Any other hints would be
    appreciated.

    Backup Exec 8.6 and NT4 Server with an HP DLT40/80 tape drive

    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread