Problem with open files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem with open files - Veritas Backup Exec ; My client has BE 9.0 and his backups are are having some problems that I'm trying to resolve. The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400 with 1Gig ram, a SATA card with a 200GB removeable SATA drive. I need help ...

  1. Problem with open files

    My client has BE 9.0 and his backups are are having some problems that I'm
    trying to resolve. The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400 with 1Gig ram, a
    SATA card with a 200GB removeable SATA drive. I need help with the
    following issues.

    === #1 ===================================
    First, at the end of backup are several exceptions:

    Backup - C: Dell ServerUnable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings
    \All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat -
    skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\security\edb.log - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\security\tmp.edb - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\system32\CPL.CFG - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp\dhcp.mdb - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp\j50.log - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp\tmp.edb - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\system32\wins\j50.log - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\system32\wins\wins.mdb - skipped.
    Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\system32\wins\winstmp.mdb - skipped.

    === #2 ===================================
    The second issue is that most of the time the backup jobs are failing with
    the following error:

    Job started : Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:30:39 AM
    Job ended : Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:30:38 AM
    Final error code: a0008703 HEX
    Final error description: Job failed running its test run. See logfile for
    details.

    Final error category: Job Errors
    Completed status: Failed

    Error description : The Backup Exec job engine system service is not
    responding.

    ================================

    So these are the errors I'm getting and I would really appreciate some help
    with them.

    Thanx, David Satchell
    david.satchell@austincs.com

  2. Re: Problem with open files

    > My client has BE 9.0 and his backups are are having some problems that I'm
    > trying to resolve. The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400 with 1Gig ram, a
    > SATA card with a 200GB removeable SATA drive. I need help with the
    > following issues.
    >
    > === #1 ===================================
    > First, at the end of backup are several exceptions:

    Remove all those manually from the selection list, they are normal.

    > === #2 ===================================
    > The second issue is that most of the time the backup jobs are failing with
    > the following error:
    >
    > Job started : Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:30:39 AM
    > Job ended : Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:30:38 AM
    > Final error code: a0008703 HEX
    > Final error description: Job failed running its test run. See logfile for
    > details.

    Normally this corresponds to a media error. I presume you're running Backup
    to Disk? Check your B2D folders are setup correctly and try to run a real
    run, not a test run. If you still have problems, open the logs folder and
    post the entire job log here.

    Also upgrade to 9.1 if you can, 9.0 has lots of little bugs.

    Regards,

    John

+ Reply to Thread