server gone but won't let me uncheck it in list - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on server gone but won't let me uncheck it in list - Veritas Backup Exec ; this is a weird one. we got rid of a windows box so I was going to take it out of my rotation. the list in the selections shows a slash for something being checked. looked down under it and ...

  1. server gone but won't let me uncheck it in list

    this is a weird one. we got rid of a windows box so I was going to take it
    out of my rotation. the list in the selections shows a slash for something
    being checked. looked down under it and there was nothing checked. it was
    acting like it was still there but it woulldn't let me uncheck it. I had
    to delete the whole job and start over. I am on windows 2003 with BE9.1 sp1

    restarting didn't help. selecting somethign else and saving it and then unchecking
    that server didn't help either.

    any clues?

  2. Re: server gone but won't let me uncheck it in list

    Brian wrote:
    > this is a weird one. we got rid of a windows box so I was going to take it
    > out of my rotation. the list in the selections shows a slash for something
    > being checked. looked down under it and there was nothing checked. it was
    > acting like it was still there but it woulldn't let me uncheck it. I had
    > to delete the whole job and start over. I am on windows 2003 with BE9.1 sp1
    >
    > restarting didn't help. selecting somethign else and saving it and then unchecking
    > that server didn't help either.
    >
    > any clues?

    Try switching to Text mode. You can then edit the selection list to remove
    the defunct server.

  3. Re: server gone but won't let me uncheck it in list

    Albert Gerhold wrote:
    >Brian wrote:
    >> this is a weird one. we got rid of a windows box so I was going to take

    it
    >> out of my rotation. the list in the selections shows a slash for something
    >> being checked. looked down under it and there was nothing checked. it

    was
    >> acting like it was still there but it woulldn't let me uncheck it. I had
    >> to delete the whole job and start over. I am on windows 2003 with BE9.1

    sp1

    >> restarting didn't help. selecting somethign else and saving it and then

    unchecking
    >> that server didn't help either.
    >>
    >> any clues?

    >Try switching to Text mode. You can then edit the selection list to remove

    >the defunct server.

    thank you. I will have to remember that in the future. kind of hard to do
    it now as I had deleted the whole job to fix it.

    could it be a bug in the software?

  4. Re: server gone but won't let me uncheck it in list

    Brian wrote:
    > Albert Gerhold wrote:
    >
    >>Brian wrote:
    >>
    >>>this is a weird one. we got rid of a windows box so I was going to take

    > it
    >
    >>>out of my rotation. the list in the selections shows a slash for something
    >>>being checked. looked down under it and there was nothing checked. it

    > was
    >
    >>>acting like it was still there but it woulldn't let me uncheck it. I had
    >>>to delete the whole job and start over. I am on windows 2003 with BE9.1

    > sp1
    >
    >>>restarting didn't help. selecting somethign else and saving it and then

    > unchecking
    >
    >>>that server didn't help either.
    >>>
    >>>any clues?

    >>Try switching to Text mode. You can then edit the selection list to remove

    >>the defunct server.

    > thank you. I will have to remember that in the future. kind of hard to do
    > it now as I had deleted the whole job to fix it.
    >
    > could it be a bug in the software?

    It's been like that since v7.0's first build

+ Reply to Thread