List of printers not showing - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on List of printers not showing - Veritas Backup Exec ; Stop & restart the BE services. "Ram" wrote in message news:41c0daa2@ROSASTDMZ05.... > > We have Backup Exec 9.1 SBSWin2K3. I just recently added a printer (HP Laserjet > 4050n) on the server and tried to configure Backup Exec to send ...

  1. Re: List of printers not showing

    "Ram" wrote in message

    > We have Backup Exec 9.1 SBSWin2K3. I just recently added a printer (HP

    Laserjet
    > 4050n) on the server and tried to configure Backup Exec to send

    notification
    > on that printer. But when I tried to add new recipient and choose printer
    > then click the list of printers it's not showing the printer that I just
    > added.
    >
    > It's showing in my printers & faxes and I can print to it but not on the
    > list of printers for recipient.
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks.

  2. List of printers not showing

    We have Backup Exec 9.1 SBSWin2K3. I just recently added a printer (HP Laserjet
    4050n) on the server and tried to configure Backup Exec to send notification
    on that printer. But when I tried to add new recipient and choose printer
    then click the list of printers it's not showing the printer that I just
    added.

    It's showing in my printers & faxes and I can print to it but not on the
    list of printers for recipient.

    Please advise. Thanks.

  3. Re: List of printers not showing

    I got it fixed by stopping and restarting the services.

    Thanks.

    "Ram" wrote:

    >We have Backup Exec 9.1 SBSWin2K3. I just recently added a printer (HP

    Laserjet
    >4050n) on the server and tried to configure Backup Exec to send notification
    >on that printer. But when I tried to add new recipient and choose printer
    >then click the list of printers it's not showing the printer that I just
    >added.
    >
    >It's showing in my printers & faxes and I can print to it but not on the
    >list of printers for recipient.
    >
    >Please advise. Thanks.

  4. Re: List of printers not showing

    I also have this same issue but stopping and restarting BE services has not
    resolved issue. Rebooting has not resolved the issues either.... any one
    have any ideas?

    Thanks
    Kevin

    "Chris Knapp" wrote:
    >Stop & restart the BE services.
    >
    >"Ram" wrote in message
    >>
    >> We have Backup Exec 9.1 SBSWin2K3. I just recently added a printer (HP

    >Laserjet
    >> 4050n) on the server and tried to configure Backup Exec to send

    >notification
    >> on that printer. But when I tried to add new recipient and choose printer
    >> then click the list of printers it's not showing the printer that I just
    >> added.
    >>
    >> It's showing in my printers & faxes and I can print to it but not on the
    >> list of printers for recipient.
    >>
    >> Please advise. Thanks.

  5. Re: List of printers not showing

    I had to create a local printer before this would work, but I also had
    to wait a while before the printer showed up in the Target Printer drop down
    box after restarting the BE services.

    "Kevin Hedquist" wrote:

    >I also have this same issue but stopping and restarting BE services has

    not
    >resolved issue. Rebooting has not resolved the issues either.... any one
    >have any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Kevin
    >
    >"Chris Knapp" wrote:
    >>Stop & restart the BE services.
    >>
    >>"Ram" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> We have Backup Exec 9.1 SBSWin2K3. I just recently added a printer (HP

    >>Laserjet
    >>> 4050n) on the server and tried to configure Backup Exec to send

    >>notification
    >>> on that printer. But when I tried to add new recipient and choose printer
    >>> then click the list of printers it's not showing the printer that I just
    >>> added.
    >>>
    >>> It's showing in my printers & faxes and I can print to it but not on

    the
    >>> list of printers for recipient.
    >>>
    >>> Please advise. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread