DCOM error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on DCOM error - Veritas Backup Exec ; TheRage wrote: > This has been written about before but this one is a little strange. > > On trying to perform a remote backup, I get the following error logged on > the backup server. > > Error:10006 > ...

  1. Re: DCOM error

    TheRage wrote:
    > This has been written about before but this one is a little strange.
    >
    > On trying to perform a remote backup, I get the following error logged on
    > the backup server.
    >
    > Error:10006
    > DCOM got error "Class not registered" from the computer when
    > attemping to activate the server:
    > {D99E6E73-Blagh-blagh-blagh}
    >
    > This error occurs during the backup of a remote server however, the backup
    > of the system state works fine. It's the backup of D$ that does work and
    > logs the following error in Backup Exec
    >
    > Unable to attacj to \\\d$
    > Access is denied.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    Just for grins -

    Log on as the BEWS service account, and try to connect to the same share.

    Have you tried uninstaling/booting/re-installing the Remote Agent?

  2. DCOM error

    This has been written about before but this one is a little strange.

    On trying to perform a remote backup, I get the following error logged on
    the backup server.

    Error:10006
    DCOM got error "Class not registered" from the computer when
    attemping to activate the server:
    {D99E6E73-Blagh-blagh-blagh}

    This error occurs during the backup of a remote server however, the backup
    of the system state works fine. It's the backup of D$ that does work and
    logs the following error in Backup Exec

    Unable to attacj to \\\d$
    Access is denied.

    Any thoughts?