BE 9.1 mail backup failing. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.1 mail backup failing. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am noticing that the scheduled backups (diff & full) for my mail (Exchange Enterprise ed.) fails every night. I get an error stating that the directory is invalid. First with the exchange public folders directory, then exhchange mailboxes' directory. ...

  1. BE 9.1 mail backup failing.

    I am noticing that the scheduled backups (diff & full) for my mail (Exchange
    Enterprise ed.) fails every night. I get an error stating that the directory
    is invalid.
    First with the exchange public folders directory, then exhchange mailboxes'
    directory.
    I am able to browse to them fine and when I do a test run during the day it
    completes successfully.
    I don't want to run the mail backup in the middle of the day.
    Any suggestions?

    DM

  2. Re: BE 9.1 mail backup failing.

    Daniel M wrote:
    > I am noticing that the scheduled backups (diff & full) for my mail (Exchange
    > Enterprise ed.) fails every night. I get an error stating that the directory
    > is invalid.
    > First with the exchange public folders directory, then exhchange mailboxes'
    > directory.
    > I am able to browse to them fine and when I do a test run during the day it
    > completes successfully.
    > I don't want to run the mail backup in the middle of the day.
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > DM

    Does the account that does the backups have sufficient rights to backup
    the store etc..

    If you test it via a schedule during the day does this works ?

    --
    Kind Regards
    A van der Boom

+ Reply to Thread