Cannot backup local system state - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot backup local system state - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this one........ BENT 9.0 v4454 --- Win2K Sp4 In the local selections, the system state is greyed out and when you put the mouse over it, it says "Slection of this item ...

  1. Cannot backup local system state

    Hi all,
    would really appreciate some help with this one........

    BENT 9.0 v4454 --- Win2K Sp4
    In the local selections, the system state is greyed out and when you put the
    mouse over it, it says "Slection of this item is disabled. You are not
    authorised to access this item blah blah blah."

    I have ful admin rights on the server, and backup exec is running under an
    account with full access rights.

    Remote agent is installed and works fine - i.e. it can backup other server.
    The only problem is the local selection os system state.

    Any ideas?

    many thanks

  2. Re: Cannot backup local system state

    Try creating another account and give the account 'log on as servre' right.
    Use this account for all your backup exec services.

    hope this helps

    "OJ" wrote in message news:41bed0b2@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Hi all,
    > would really appreciate some help with this one........
    >
    > BENT 9.0 v4454 --- Win2K Sp4
    > In the local selections, the system state is greyed out and when you put

    the
    > mouse over it, it says "Slection of this item is disabled. You are not
    > authorised to access this item blah blah blah."
    >
    > I have ful admin rights on the server, and backup exec is running under an
    > account with full access rights.
    >
    > Remote agent is installed and works fine - i.e. it can backup other

    server.
    > The only problem is the local selection os system state.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > many thanks

  3. Re: Cannot backup local system state

    Does BENT run under your account or a different account. Make sure the account
    BENT runs under has rights as either backup operator or administrator

    "OJ" wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >would really appreciate some help with this one........
    >
    >BENT 9.0 v4454 --- Win2K Sp4
    >In the local selections, the system state is greyed out and when you put

    the
    >mouse over it, it says "Slection of this item is disabled. You are not
    >authorised to access this item blah blah blah."
    >
    >I have ful admin rights on the server, and backup exec is running under

    an
    >account with full access rights.
    >
    >Remote agent is installed and works fine - i.e. it can backup other server.
    >The only problem is the local selection os system state.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >many thanks

  4. Re: Cannot backup local system state

    Bent runs under a different account and i have changed it to try to resolve
    and it still cannot select the system state.
    Thanks for responding - any other ideas before i trash the installation!!!
    OJ

    "shawn" wrote in message

    > Does BENT run under your account or a different account. Make sure the

    account
    > BENT runs under has rights as either backup operator or administrator
    >

    > "OJ" wrote:
    > >Hi all,
    > >would really appreciate some help with this one........
    > >
    > >BENT 9.0 v4454 --- Win2K Sp4
    > >In the local selections, the system state is greyed out and when you put

    > the
    > >mouse over it, it says "Slection of this item is disabled. You are not
    > >authorised to access this item blah blah blah."
    > >
    > >I have ful admin rights on the server, and backup exec is running under

    > an
    > >account with full access rights.
    > >
    > >Remote agent is installed and works fine - i.e. it can backup other

    server.
    > >The only problem is the local selection os system state.
    > >
    > >Any ideas?
    > >
    > >many thanks

  5. Re: Cannot backup local system state

    OJ wrote:
    > Bent runs under a different account and i have changed it to try to resolve
    > and it still cannot select the system state.
    > Thanks for responding - any other ideas before i trash the installation!!!
    > OJ
    >
    > "shawn" wrote in message
    >
    >>Does BENT run under your account or a different account. Make sure the

    > account
    >
    >>BENT runs under has rights as either backup operator or administrator
    >>

    >>"OJ" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all,
    >>>would really appreciate some help with this one........
    >>>
    >>>BENT 9.0 v4454 --- Win2K Sp4
    >>>In the local selections, the system state is greyed out and when you put

    >>the
    >>
    >>>mouse over it, it says "Slection of this item is disabled. You are not
    >>>authorised to access this item blah blah blah."
    >>>
    >>>I have ful admin rights on the server, and backup exec is running under

    >>an
    >>
    >>>account with full access rights.
    >>>
    >>>Remote agent is installed and works fine - i.e. it can backup other

    > server.
    >
    >>>The only problem is the local selection os system state.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>>many thanks

    Have you tried running the BEWS services as Local System Service rather
    than a named user?

    You'll need to specify "Attach As" to conect to any remote machines if
    you do this

  6. Re: Cannot backup local system state

    Yep - changed all the service permissions at least twice - tried running as
    the local administrator and domain administrator accounts.
    The ony thing i can do next is uninstall i think

    OJ
    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > OJ wrote:
    > > Bent runs under a different account and i have changed it to try to

    resolve
    > > and it still cannot select the system state.
    > > Thanks for responding - any other ideas before i trash the

    installation!!!
    > > OJ
    > >
    > > "shawn" wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Does BENT run under your account or a different account. Make sure the

    > > account
    > >
    > >>BENT runs under has rights as either backup operator or administrator

    put

    > >>the

    > >>an

    > > server.

    > Have you tried running the BEWS services as Local System Service rather
    > than a named user?
    >
    > You'll need to specify "Attach As" to conect to any remote machines if
    > you do this

+ Reply to Thread