Stuck at "Loading Media" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Stuck at "Loading Media" - Veritas Backup Exec ; If I attempt a backup and choose to start immediately it runs w/o a problem. If I schedule a backup for anytime in the future I get stuck at the "Loading Media" status. Seems to run forever, all I can ...

  1. Stuck at "Loading Media"

    If I attempt a backup and choose to start immediately it runs w/o a problem.
    If I schedule a backup for anytime in the future I get stuck at the "Loading
    Media" status. Seems to run forever, all I can do it cancel the job and
    eject the tape. Brand new Dell SBS server with Dell PV110T VS 160 80/160
    drive. BE 9.1
    Any ideas?

    John

  2. Re: Stuck at "Loading Media"

    Hi,

    * AscNet wrote:
    > f I attempt a backup and choose to start immediately it runs w/o a problem.
    > If I schedule a backup for anytime in the future I get stuck at the "Loading
    > Media" status. Seems to run forever, all I can do it cancel the job and
    > eject the tape. Brand new Dell SBS server with Dell PV110T VS 160 80/160
    > drive. BE 9.1
    > Any ideas?

    take a look at the messages of the last five years. Many questions for
    this topic, but no answer.
    I've tried it with a complete re-install three days ago. When this won't
    work, I'll try it with a complete uninstall. I never ever had so much
    problems with 'tar' and 'TapeWare'. Tivoli Storage Manager also seems to
    be good.

    Bye
    Mathias

+ Reply to Thread