Backup Fails after a Restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Fails after a Restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; Everytime we perform any restore job in the day, the backup job that runs that night always fails. We come in the following day and the job is still running, it only appears as if it has backed up a ...

  1. Backup Fails after a Restore

    Everytime we perform any restore job in the day, the backup job that runs
    that night always fails. We come in the following day and the job is still
    running, it only appears as if it has backed up a couple of Mb so we have
    to cancel it. If we restart the services after a restore then the backup
    job will complete as normal. There are no errors in the backup job, what
    could be causing this? We are running Server 2003 with BE 9.1 build 4691.
    The backup job also backs up an Exchange Server but the job never gets this
    far anyway when this problem happens.
    Thanks for your help.
    Mark

  2. Re: Backup Fails after a Restore

    Mark:

    I am having the exact same issue you were having with Backup Exec; after
    running a restore job, that night's backup fails. Have you found a solution
    or the cause of the problem? My specs follow:

    Backup Exec 9.1 Rev 4691 SP1
    W2K SP2 server
    HP DAT 72 External Autoloader

    An input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    "Mark Major" wrote:

    >Everytime we perform any restore job in the day, the backup job that runs
    >that night always fails. We come in the following day and the job is still
    >running, it only appears as if it has backed up a couple of Mb so we have
    >to cancel it. If we restart the services after a restore then the backup
    >job will complete as normal. There are no errors in the backup job, what
    >could be causing this? We are running Server 2003 with BE 9.1 build 4691.
    >The backup job also backs up an Exchange Server but the job never gets this
    >far anyway when this problem happens.
    >Thanks for your help.
    >Mark

+ Reply to Thread