A required privilege is not held by the client. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on A required privilege is not held by the client. - Veritas Backup Exec ; hi all I am getting an error Error: A required privilege is not held by the client when I Backup Exec tries to run a Pre-Job commnad. It is a batch file to shutdown a service on the remote server. ...

  1. A required privilege is not held by the client.

    hi all

    I am getting an error Error: A required privilege is not held by the client
    when I Backup Exec tries to run a Pre-Job commnad. It is a batch file to
    shutdown a service on the remote server. I already add a veritas user to
    "act as OS", add veritas user to admin group, login as veritass to the server,
    backup exec services login as veritas, and gavi direct permissions to access
    a batch script. NO LUCK.

    Please help.
    I am running a windows Server 2003 and Backup Exec 9.1 with veritas user
    as system account

    Thank you

  2. Re: A required privilege is not held by the client.

    Dennis wrote:

    > hi all
    >
    > I am getting an error Error: A required privilege is not held by the client
    > when I Backup Exec tries to run a Pre-Job commnad. It is a batch file to
    > shutdown a service on the remote server. I already add a veritas user to
    > "act as OS", add veritas user to admin group, login as veritass to the server,
    > backup exec services login as veritas, and gavi direct permissions to access
    > a batch script. NO LUCK.
    >
    > Please help.
    > I am running a windows Server 2003 and Backup Exec 9.1 with veritas user
    > as system account
    >
    > Thank you

    Does the user has the rights to shutdown the service ?
    Login as the user on the remote server and try to stop the service.

    --
    Kind Regards
    A van der Boom

  3. Re: A required privilege is not held by the client.

    A van der Boom wrote:
    >Dennis wrote:
    >
    >> hi all
    >>
    >> I am getting an error Error: A required privilege is not held by the client
    >> when I Backup Exec tries to run a Pre-Job commnad. It is a batch file

    >> shutdown a service on the remote server. I already add a veritas user

    >> "act as OS", add veritas user to admin group, login as veritass to the

    server,
    >> backup exec services login as veritas, and gavi direct permissions to

    access
    >> a batch script. NO LUCK.
    >>
    >> Please help.
    >> I am running a windows Server 2003 and Backup Exec 9.1 with veritas user
    >> as system account
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>

    >Does the user has the rights to shutdown the service ?
    >Login as the user on the remote server and try to stop the service.
    >
    >--
    >Kind Regards
    > A van der Boom

    YES, I can login to that server and shutdown a service. Any thoughts?

  4. Re: A required privilege is not held by the client.

    "Dennis" wrote in message

    > I am getting an error Error: A required privilege is not held by the

    client
    > when I Backup Exec tries to run a Pre-Job commnad. It is a batch file to
    > shutdown a service on the remote server. I already add a veritas user to
    > "act as OS", add veritas user to admin group, login as veritass to the

    server,
    > backup exec services login as veritas, and gavi direct permissions to

    access
    > a batch script. NO LUCK.
    >
    > Please help.
    > I am running a windows Server 2003 and Backup Exec 9.1 with veritas user
    > as system account

    Dennis -- The following tech support article may be relevant to your
    problem: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266645.htm

+ Reply to Thread