Re: Backup Exec 9.1 sees my backup to disk device as total capacity 1gb even though HDD is 250GB - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Re: Backup Exec 9.1 sees my backup to disk device as total capacity 1gb even though HDD is 250GB - Veritas Backup Exec ; Did you ever fix this problem? I am having same problem! Thanks! "Aaron W. Siemieniec" wrote: >I have four hard drives in an external enclosure connected to my backup >server via a firewire 2 (IEEE 1394b) connection. Windows XP correctly ...

  1. Re: Backup Exec 9.1 sees my backup to disk device as total capacity 1gb even though HDD is 250GB

    "Aaron W. Siemieniec" wrote:
    >I have four hard drives in an external enclosure connected to my backup

    >server via a firewire 2 (IEEE 1394b) connection. Windows XP correctly sees

    >all the drives, including their correct size.
    >
    >I create a "backup to disk folders" device, one for each drive, and then

    >assign a media set to it. One media set per backup to disk folder and one

    >backup to disk folder per hard drive (1:1:1). I select "Devices" from the

    >top toolbar, then double click on my server name, expand "Backup-to-Disk"

    >group, expand "Backup-to-disk Folders" group and then finally select any

    of
    >the four available devices. On the right, top pane, I scroll over till

    >see "Total Capacity" and it reads "1.00 GB". This is shown for all devices

    >even though all my drives are 250GB in size. My backup job fails because

    my
    >differential backup is roughly 4.3GB per night and my full backup is about

    >70GB. Of course my hourly backup of certain files successfully works
    >because it's only about 120MB.
    >
    >Why is my device/drive being misreported and how do I fix it so I have a

    >total capacity of the full drive size?
    >
    >thank you for your help.

  2. Re: Backup Exec 9.1 sees my backup to disk device as total capacity 1gb even though HDD is 250GB

    hi,

    this is not a problem with harddrive, this is confiuration problem because
    backup to disk folder by default takes 1GB capacity for backup ,you can change
    settings from properties of backup to disk folder.

    "Anya" wrote:

    >Did you ever fix this problem? I am having same problem! Thanks!
    >
    >"Aaron W. Siemieniec" wrote:
    >>I have four hard drives in an external enclosure connected to my backup

    >>server via a firewire 2 (IEEE 1394b) connection. Windows XP correctly

    sees

    >>all the drives, including their correct size.
    >>
    >>I create a "backup to disk folders" device, one for each drive, and then

    >>assign a media set to it. One media set per backup to disk folder and

    one

    >>backup to disk folder per hard drive (1:1:1). I select "Devices" from

    the

    >>top toolbar, then double click on my server name, expand "Backup-to-Disk"

    >>group, expand "Backup-to-disk Folders" group and then finally select any

    >of
    >>the four available devices. On the right, top pane, I scroll over till

    >>see "Total Capacity" and it reads "1.00 GB". This is shown for all devices

    >>even though all my drives are 250GB in size. My backup job fails because

    >my
    >>differential backup is roughly 4.3GB per night and my full backup is about

    >>70GB. Of course my hourly backup of certain files successfully works
    >>because it's only about 120MB.
    >>
    >>Why is my device/drive being misreported and how do I fix it so I have

    >>total capacity of the full drive size?
    >>
    >>thank you for your help.

+ Reply to Thread