"Access to the device <SERVER>\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product." - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Access to the device <SERVER>\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product." - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ok, I have started getting this message after installing a license for the Backup Exec Remote Agent component. I had originally installed Backup Exec 9.1 evaluation on this Windows 2003 domain controller. During the evaluation period backups worked fine. When ...

  1. "Access to the device <SERVER>\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product."

    Ok, I have started getting this message after installing a license for the
    Backup Exec Remote Agent component.

    I had originally installed Backup Exec 9.1 evaluation on this Windows 2003
    domain controller. During the evaluation period backups worked fine. When
    I purchased a license for Backup Exec Server, backups worked fine. Now suddenly
    after installing this component I'm getting this error.

    Please help! :-/

  2. Re: "Access to the device <SERVER>\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product."

    You are getting this error because you are trying to backup the Backup Exec
    MSDE instance via the SQL agent. When you had the eval version running this
    option would have been enabled.
    Since putting in the license you obviously don't have the SQL agent license
    hence the error.

    Modify your job and deselect the Backup Exec instance.

    Regards,

    "Alan" wrote in message news:41b21a8b@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Ok, I have started getting this message after installing a license for the
    > Backup Exec Remote Agent component.
    >
    > I had originally installed Backup Exec 9.1 evaluation on this Windows 2003
    > domain controller. During the evaluation period backups worked fine.
    > When
    > I purchased a license for Backup Exec Server, backups worked fine. Now
    > suddenly
    > after installing this component I'm getting this error.
    >
    > Please help! :-/

  3. Re: "Access to the device <SERVER>\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product."

    Well, I never used the SQL agent and it is no longer in my list of agents;
    also in the job configuration the SQL option is disabled which leads me to
    believe it should not be an option.

    Yet I do notice that in my Resource list there still appears the "BKUPEXEC"
    resource of SQL server. How can I remove that from the Resource list so
    that it no longer tries to back it up and cause the error...?

    Thank you.

    "Backup" wrote:
    >You are getting this error because you are trying to backup the Backup Exec

    >MSDE instance via the SQL agent. When you had the eval version running this

    >option would have been enabled.
    >Since putting in the license you obviously don't have the SQL agent license

    >hence the error.
    >
    >Modify your job and deselect the Backup Exec instance.
    >
    >Regards,
    >

    >"Alan" wrote in message news:41b21a8b@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> Ok, I have started getting this message after installing a license for

    the
    >> Backup Exec Remote Agent component.
    >>
    >> I had originally installed Backup Exec 9.1 evaluation on this Windows

    2003
    >> domain controller. During the evaluation period backups worked fine.

    >> When
    >> I purchased a license for Backup Exec Server, backups worked fine. Now

    >> suddenly
    >> after installing this component I'm getting this error.
    >>
    >> Please help! :-/

  4. Re: "Access to the device <SERVER>\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product."

    Ahh I found the answer.

    I had to switch from Graphical to Text mode for selections, then I was able
    to see \BKUPEXEC in the list. I removed that entry, and now
    SQL Server no longer appears in the Resource list.

  5. Re: "Access to the device <SERVER>\BKUPEXEC is not authorized with this edition of the product."

    "Alan" wrote:

    >Ahh I found the answer.
    >
    >I had to switch from Graphical to Text mode for selections, then I was able
    >to see \BKUPEXEC in the list. I removed that entry, and now
    >SQL Server no longer appears in the Resource list.

    refer this tn link

    Thanks
    CG

+ Reply to Thread