veritas 9.1 nad writer metadata error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on veritas 9.1 nad writer metadata error - Veritas Backup Exec ; hi, I have windows server 2003 (member), where is BE 9.1 with sp1 installed. There is also antivurus software F-secure 5.50 for server, which causes following error 0xa000fec9 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata Windows server 2003 VSS ...

  1. veritas 9.1 nad writer metadata error

    hi,

    I have windows server 2003 (member), where is BE 9.1 with sp1 installed.
    There is also antivurus software F-secure 5.50 for server, which causes
    following error

    0xa000fec9 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata

    Windows server 2003 VSS service is in the manual state.
    Everything works fine if I disable antivirys real time protection.
    Backup works fine also with previous version of antivirus (5.41)

  2. Re: veritas 9.1 nad writer metadata error

    To troubleshoot the issue, refer following technote:
    Title: How to troubleshoot the error "A failure occurred querying the Writer
    status" (a000fed1 HEX or e000fed1 HEX) using VSSADMIN http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261993.htm

    "kyllis" wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    >I have windows server 2003 (member), where is BE 9.1 with sp1 installed.
    >There is also antivurus software F-secure 5.50 for server, which causes
    >following error
    >
    >0xa000fec9 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata
    >
    >Windows server 2003 VSS service is in the manual state.
    >Everything works fine if I disable antivirys real time protection.
    >Backup works fine also with previous version of antivirus (5.41)

+ Reply to Thread