Automatic Export w/ 9.1 and an Autoloader - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Automatic Export w/ 9.1 and an Autoloader - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a set of jobs which require that the tapes be stored in an offsite facility. Consequently, when the backup job finishes, I'd like the tape to be placed in the mailslot and the library unlocked. This seems to ...

  1. Automatic Export w/ 9.1 and an Autoloader

    I have a set of jobs which require that the tapes be stored in an offsite
    facility. Consequently, when the backup job finishes, I'd like the tape
    to be placed in the mailslot and the library unlocked.

    This seems to me to be a common request yet I haven't been able to find anything
    other than command line scheduling to export from a specific slot.

    TIA

  2. Re: Automatic Export w/ 9.1 and an Autoloader

    You can schedule a job to run an export - though you must specify the slot
    to export... but....

    BE version 10, now has policy based backups - one of the options in the policy
    is to do an export of all tapes used in a backup - you can set it up to automatically
    run after the backup/s have finished.

    "C.K." wrote:

    >I have a set of jobs which require that the tapes be stored in an offsite
    >facility. Consequently, when the backup job finishes, I'd like the tape
    >to be placed in the mailslot and the library unlocked.
    >
    >This seems to me to be a common request yet I haven't been able to find

    anything
    >other than command line scheduling to export from a specific slot.
    >
    >TIA

+ Reply to Thread