Access denied to message due to antivirus - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Access denied to message due to antivirus - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having a problem with Backup Exec 9.1 backing up mailboxes on an Exchange 2003 server. The backup fails due to Symantec Mail Security denying Backup Exec access to messages with viruses in them. Messages similar to the following ...

  1. Access denied to message due to antivirus

    I am having a problem with Backup Exec 9.1 backing up mailboxes on an
    Exchange 2003 server. The backup fails due to Symantec Mail Security
    denying Backup Exec access to messages with viruses in them.

    Messages similar to the following appear in the backup log:

    Access denied to file Mailbox Name [Name] Top of Information Store Delete
    Items Meeting at 08am - Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:45:47 -0300.

    ---

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get Backup Exec and Symantec Mail
    Security to play nice together so my backups complete successfully when a
    virus is found?

    V/

  2. Re: Access denied to message due to antivirus

    "Vincent Aniello" wrote:
    >I am having a problem with Backup Exec 9.1 backing up mailboxes on an
    >Exchange 2003 server. The backup fails due to Symantec Mail Security
    >denying Backup Exec access to messages with viruses in them.
    >
    >Messages similar to the following appear in the backup log:
    >
    >Access denied to file Mailbox Name [Name] Top of Information Store Delete

    >Items Meeting at 08am - Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:45:47 -0300.
    >
    >---
    >
    >Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get Backup Exec and Symantec

    Mail
    >Security to play nice together so my backups complete successfully when

    >virus is found?
    >
    >V/

    I am having the same problem including what appears to be SPAM that was caught
    by Symantec. Did you ever get this figured out. Any info would be appreciated.
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread