Backup Exec 8.6: IDR installation fails - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 8.6: IDR installation fails - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, Win2k Terminal Server SP4, inkl. DLT Tape Drive, this is the only machine to be backed up I have a problem to install Intelligent Desaster Recovery. A have Backup Excec 8.6 installed. According to the helpfile (Installation of IDR) ...

  1. Backup Exec 8.6: IDR installation fails

    Hello,

    Win2k Terminal Server SP4, inkl. DLT Tape Drive, this is the only
    machine to be backed up

    I have a problem to install Intelligent Desaster Recovery. A have
    Backup Excec 8.6 installed. According to the helpfile (Installation of
    IDR) I run Setup, added the product key for IDR v8.6. During the
    installation, after stopping the services, I received the messages
    "Error copying file, setup terminated (53)" and then "Setup terminated
    due to an error (30)". Then a window came up that I should install
    "Remote Agent".

    What do I need the remote Agent for and where do I install it
    (\\mydomain\myPC or \\mydomain\MYSERVER)? I do not want anything
    "remote" I have only this one server which I would like to protect with
    IDR. The helpfile (here translated from german) says explicetely "You
    must install Remote agent on every Windows Server or PC which you want
    to protect with the *****remote****** recovery." No, I don't want
    ****remote**** recovery.

    So, how do I install IDR on a stand alone server?

    Regards

    arno

  2. Re: Backup Exec 8.6: IDR installation fails

    Hello again,

    > I received the messages
    > "Error copying file, setup terminated (53)" and then "Setup

    terminated
    > due to an error (30)". Then a window came up that I should install
    > "Remote Agent".

    IDR appears to be installed anyway, the Wizard works. However, I have
    now troubles creating the IDR CD-ROM because my installation CD is not
    supported (and "the required information could not be found" in my
    CD-Rom Drive). I can only create IDR Floppies.

    I tried both, my original Win 2000 Server SP3 CD and a Win 2000 Server
    SP4 CD as I have SP4 installed but they where rejected. What is going
    wrong here?

    regards

    arno

+ Reply to Thread