BENT 9.1 media server not connected - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 9.1 media server not connected - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to help someone with BENT running on a Windows 2003 server/domain controller. It was running fine until a couple of weeks ago. The SQL server is running however the status in the console shows "not connected" and I ...

  1. BENT 9.1 media server not connected

    I'm trying to help someone with BENT running on a Windows 2003 server/domain
    controller. It was running fine until a couple of weeks ago. The SQL
    server is running however the status in the console shows "not connected"
    and I get an error message "Communications are down with the backup exec
    services. Check to see if the backup exec services are running on
    "Backup"." The services are in fact running. Very weird. This is v9.1
    with SP1 and several hot fixes. The tape drive is a Compaq 15/30 DLT
    changer which seems to also be working okay. No errors in the server event
    logs or devices having troubles. Any ideas?

  2. Re: BENT 9.1 media server not connected

    One other thing. Beserver.exe is using close to 100% CPU.

  3. Re: BENT 9.1 media server not connected

    For what it's worth Veritas Support determined this database was corrupt and
    provided a blank database to replace it with. That effectively wiped out
    job history, job configurations, etc. Pretty ugly.

+ Reply to Thread