Error reading file data message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error reading file data message - Veritas Backup Exec ; I got the following message on 2 different Backup Exec 9.1 rev. 4691 servers "Error reading file data." The jobs had run all night and only backed up a small amount of servers. I looked through Veritas advanced search and ...

  1. Error reading file data message

    I got the following message on 2 different Backup Exec 9.1 rev. 4691 servers

    "Error reading file data."

    The jobs had run all night and only backed up a small amount of servers.
    I looked through Veritas advanced search and couldn't find anything about
    this type of message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. Re: Error reading file data message

    One additional piece of info is that both servers were only backing up local
    data. They weren't connecting to any other servers.

    "Jason Reynolds" wrote:

    >I got the following message on 2 different Backup Exec 9.1 rev. 4691 servers
    >
    >"Error reading file data."
    >
    >The jobs had run all night and only backed up a small amount of data.
    > I looked through Veritas advanced search and couldn't find anything about
    >this type of message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  3. Re: Error reading file data message

    "Jason Reynolds" wrote:

    >One additional piece of info is that both servers were only backing up local
    >data. They weren't connecting to any other servers.
    >
    >"Jason Reynolds" wrote:
    >>
    >>I got the following message on 2 different Backup Exec 9.1 rev. 4691 servers
    >>
    >>"Error reading file data."
    >>
    >>The jobs had run all night and only backed up a small amount of data.
    >> I looked through Veritas advanced search and couldn't find anything about
    >>this type of message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  4. Re: Error reading file data message

    "Biff Malibu" wrote:
    I've got the exact same problem. Everything is identical except mine starts
    locally and moves on to other servers. Sometimes it gets through a server
    and stops. This worked fine a week ago.

    >"Jason Reynolds" wrote:
    >>
    >>One additional piece of info is that both servers were only backing up

    local
    >>data. They weren't connecting to any other servers.
    >>
    >>"Jason Reynolds" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I got the following message on 2 different Backup Exec 9.1 rev. 4691 servers
    >>>
    >>>"Error reading file data."
    >>>
    >>>The jobs had run all night and only backed up a small amount of data.
    >>> I looked through Veritas advanced search and couldn't find anything about
    >>>this type of message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  5. Re: Error reading file data message

    I am getting the same error, it only happens after doing a restore the day
    the scheduled backup is to be run.

+ Reply to Thread