I am having trouble installing a HP surestore DLT 4000 drive. I have win
2000 server and cannot seem to get the backup software (veritas Backup Exec
8.5) to work with the hardware. I have tried to change cables, change SCSI
id's and still no help. In the event log I get errors like:

Unable to autoconfigure library unit changer 0. Current setup of library
doesnt support auto configuration.

Or

Driver detected controller error on /device/scsi/adpu160m1

Or

Driver detected controller error on /device/scsi/tape 0

I am using a adaptec aha 2940u2. In device manager it shows the drive just
fine. It shows the media changer just fine also. The changer doesnt work
with the backup software from win2k. This I believe is a scsi problem. I
have tried on another machine and get the exact same problem. There is one
machine though it works fine and it is win2k. Dont know where to go from
here. Please help

Mike