Added Second Drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Added Second Drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; You need to purchase and install a copy of LEO - Library Expansion Option. Out of the box, v8.x supports one library with one drive. Additiojnal drives require one LEO each. "Richard Curley" wrote in message news:3ffc6cf0@ROSASTDMZ05.... > > I ...

  1. Re: Added Second Drive

    > I have Backup Exec V8.6 running on a Dell Powervault 715N (NAS), which has
    > a Powervault 112T tape drive unit attached through a SCSI interface. I

    recently
    > added a second drive to the tape unit and I am not seeing it in Backup

    anywhere.
    > Wondering if I need to delete the device from device manager and then

    re-install
    > and if it will then find it? Anyone have an idea?

  2. Added Second Drive

    I have Backup Exec V8.6 running on a Dell Powervault 715N (NAS), which has
    a Powervault 112T tape drive unit attached through a SCSI interface. I recently
    added a second drive to the tape unit and I am not seeing it in Backup anywhere.
    Wondering if I need to delete the device from device manager and then re-install
    and if it will then find it? Anyone have an idea?

  3. Re: Added Second Drive

    You can use both of them at the same time.

    BEWS can be a memory hungry app, tho, so be sure that you have plenty of
    RAM on the media server. My rule of thumb is at least 64 MB per drive over
    and above any other OS/APP requirements for that machine. If this is a
    dedicated backup server running on W2kServer, I'd recommend an absolute
    minimum of 256MB. Of course, more is better when it comes to RAM, right?

    > With the LEO, will I then be able to backup two different systems

    concurrently?
    > Will I be able to backup the attached NAS with drive #1 and another

    system
    > with drive #2 at the same time?. Will I then see two "devices" or

    "drives"
    > in Veritas (as I see two tape drives in Windows 2000 device manager.

    Thanks!

    > "ken putnam" wrote:
    > >You need to purchase and install a copy of LEO - Library Expansion

    Option.

    > >Out of the box, v8.x supports one library with one drive. Additiojnal
    > >drives require one LEO each.
    > >

    > >"Richard Curley" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I have Backup Exec V8.6 running on a Dell Powervault 715N (NAS), which

    > has
    > >> a Powervault 112T tape drive unit attached through a SCSI interface.

    > >recently
    > >> added a second drive to the tape unit and I am not seeing it in Backup

    > >anywhere.
    > >> Wondering if I need to delete the device from device manager and then

    > >re-install
    > >> and if it will then find it? Anyone have an idea?

  4. Re: Added Second Drive

    Thanks for the information...I'll look into it.
    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >You need to purchase and install a copy of LEO - Library Expansion Option.
    >
    >Out of the box, v8.x supports one library with one drive. Additiojnal
    >drives require one LEO each.
    >

    >"Richard Curley" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have Backup Exec V8.6 running on a Dell Powervault 715N (NAS), which

    has
    >> a Powervault 112T tape drive unit attached through a SCSI interface.

    >recently
    >> added a second drive to the tape unit and I am not seeing it in Backup

    >anywhere.
    >> Wondering if I need to delete the device from device manager and then

    >re-install
    >> and if it will then find it? Anyone have an idea?

  5. Re: Added Second Drive

    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >You need to purchase and install a copy of LEO - Library Expansion Option.
    >
    >Out of the box, v8.x supports one library with one drive. Additiojnal
    >drives require one LEO each.
    >

    >"Richard Curley" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have Backup Exec V8.6 running on a Dell Powervault 715N (NAS), which

    has
    >> a Powervault 112T tape drive unit attached through a SCSI interface.

    >recently
    >> added a second drive to the tape unit and I am not seeing it in Backup

    >anywhere.
    >> Wondering if I need to delete the device from device manager and then

    >re-install
    >> and if it will then find it? Anyone have an idea?

+ Reply to Thread