Windows 2003 Driver - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Windows 2003 Driver - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I just installed a new server from an existing Windows NT 4.0 server to Windows 2003 Server. When trying to re-install Backup Exec 8.5 I was prompted to retrieve new drivers for my 20 gb ATAPI Seagate tape drive. ...

  1. Windows 2003 Driver

    Hi,

    I just installed a new server from an existing Windows NT 4.0 server to
    Windows 2003 Server. When trying to re-install Backup Exec 8.5 I was
    prompted to retrieve new drivers for my 20 gb ATAPI Seagate tape drive. I
    can't seem to find theses drivers? Can anyone help and/or advise

    Thanks
    Steve

  2. Re: Windows 2003 Driver

    v8.x DOES NOT support W2K3.

    You need v9.0.4454 or v9.1 to do complete backups of W2k3. You may get data
    backups with v8.x on a remote computer, but no system stuff and thus no
    disaster recovery

    "stevej" wrote in message news:3ffb3818@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed a new server from an existing Windows NT 4.0 server

    > Windows 2003 Server. When trying to re-install Backup Exec 8.5 I was
    > prompted to retrieve new drivers for my 20 gb ATAPI Seagate tape drive. I
    > can't seem to find theses drivers? Can anyone help and/or advise
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve

+ Reply to Thread