Mail Box Recovery (Account was recreated) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Mail Box Recovery (Account was recreated) - Veritas Backup Exec ; A user account, was removed, and recreated but am unable to recover the original mailbox into exchange 2000. Any idea on how this could be done ? Message on restore is Access denied - unable to restore directory. Thanks....

  1. Mail Box Recovery (Account was recreated)

    A user account, was removed, and recreated but am unable to
    recover the original mailbox into exchange 2000.
    Any idea on how this could be done ?

    Message on restore is
    Access denied - unable to restore directory.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Mail Box Recovery (Account was recreated)

    Check the user account, make sure that is was recreated exactly the same as
    the original. Look at the mailbox in the restore tab in backupexec, it will
    tell you the alias for the mailbox, they need to be the same. We have had
    this issue a lot and it usually is because the aliases are different.

    "Allan" wrote:

    >A user account, was removed, and recreated but am unable to
    >recover the original mailbox into exchange 2000.
    >Any idea on how this could be done ?
    >
    >Message on restore is
    >Access denied - unable to restore directory.
    >
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread