Backup Failed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Failed - Veritas Backup Exec ; My backups seem to run every night but sometimes I get a backup failed status but the byte count is within the range it should be. The log files really dont help me locate why the status is failed. Anyone ...

  1. Backup Failed

    My backups seem to run every night but sometimes I get a backup failed status
    but the byte count is within the range it should be. The log files really
    dont help me locate why the status is failed. Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks
    Candace

  2. Re: Backup Failed

    Include a sample log for us to look at.

    or look for a series of "^^^^^" on the line under the error

    or see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191165.htm
    for a list of key words that will result in a FAILED status

    "Candace Brooks" wrote in message

    > My backups seem to run every night but sometimes I get a backup failed

    status
    > but the byte count is within the range it should be. The log files really
    > dont help me locate why the status is failed. Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Candace

  3. Re: Backup Failed

    "Candace Brooks" wrote:

    >My backups seem to run every night but sometimes I get a backup failed status
    >but the byte count is within the range it should be. The log files really
    >dont help me locate why the status is failed. Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Candace

    Candice,
    I am having the same exact problem. I first thought my tapes were bad, so
    i replaced them and it worked fine for a while. Now it is happening again
    and i dont know why. I have tried to restore the files that do go to the
    tapes and they work fine.

    Jason

+ Reply to Thread