Recyclable Media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Recyclable Media - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I set up some tapes in a media set. They we're set to an overwrite period of 11 weeks. They were to be used again in the 13th week( 1 time per quarter). When I went to reuse the ...

  1. Recyclable Media

    Hello,

    I set up some tapes in a media set. They we're set to an overwrite period
    of 11 weeks. They were to be used again in the 13th week( 1 time per
    quarter). When I went to reuse the tape it just filled up the small blank
    amount and didn't overwrite. How do I make it so that the tape/backup
    process overwrites these media when they're reused?

    DJ

  2. Re: Recyclable Media

    Make sure that the job is set for "Overwrite", not "Append, Else Overwrite"

    "DJ" wrote in message news:3ffac565@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Hello,
    >
    > I set up some tapes in a media set. They we're set to an overwrite period
    > of 11 weeks. They were to be used again in the 13th week( 1 time per
    > quarter). When I went to reuse the tape it just filled up the small blank
    > amount and didn't overwrite. How do I make it so that the tape/backup
    > process overwrites these media when they're reused?
    >
    > DJ

+ Reply to Thread