Upgrade 9.0 > 9.1: Where are my backupjobs? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade 9.0 > 9.1: Where are my backupjobs? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, After a successful upgrade from BackupExec for Windows 9.0 to 9.1 it seems that all my backupjobs disappeared! Can anybody help me out here? Best regards, Rutger Sweden...

  1. Upgrade 9.0 > 9.1: Where are my backupjobs?

    Hello,

    After a successful upgrade from BackupExec for Windows 9.0 to 9.1 it seems
    that all my backupjobs disappeared!
    Can anybody help me out here?

    Best regards,

    Rutger
    Sweden

  2. Re: Upgrade 9.0 > 9.1: Where are my backupjobs?

    I have the same problem. I have tried creating new jobs with the same names
    as the old jobs but I get an error message saying a job with that name
    already exists. It is like the old jobs are invisible.

    "Rutger Blom" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > After a successful upgrade from BackupExec for Windows 9.0 to 9.1 it seems
    > that all my backupjobs disappeared!
    > Can anybody help me out here?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Rutger
    > Sweden

  3. Re: Upgrade 9.0 > 9.1: Where are my backupjobs?

    I have that problem too. The jobs still seem to be there but they are not
    shown.
    If I run the "Operetations Overview" report it shows my jobs and their
    schedule. Weird....

    Rutger

    "Jerry Freeman" skrev i meddelandet
    > I have the same problem. I have tried creating new jobs with the same

    names
    > as the old jobs but I get an error message saying a job with that name
    > already exists. It is like the old jobs are invisible.
    >
    > "Rutger Blom" wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > After a successful upgrade from BackupExec for Windows 9.0 to 9.1 it

    seems
    > > that all my backupjobs disappeared!
    > > Can anybody help me out here?
    > >
    > > Best regards,
    > >
    > > Rutger
    > > Sweden

  4. Re: Upgrade 9.0 > 9.1: Where are my backupjobs?

    Right now I have a case open at Veritas regarding this issue.
    This is the last email I got from them. Hopefully this will help.

    "Rutger:
    It seems that the although the job is not displayed in Backup Exec
    GUI, it does actually exists in Backup Exec database.
    There are two options:
    A. Repair the database.
    This issue will take place if there is some corruption in Backup Exec
    database.

    BEDB is a MSDE database that keeps all device and media, jobs and
    catalogs related information.

    To resolve the issue, repair BEDB database. Do the following:
    1. Open BEUTILITY (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT)
    2. Add the Media server a. Right click on All Media Servers and choose
    "Add Media Server"
    3. Right click on the media server and stop the services
    4. In C:\Program Files\VERITAS\BACKUP Exec\NT\Data copy the
    BEDB_DAT.MDF
    5. In BEUTILITY Right click on the media server name and choose
    "Repair Database"

    ****

    B. Rebuild the database.
    Note: This option will delete all the jobs and media sets information.
    You will need to recreate all the jobs.
    1. In BEUTILITY, right-click on the media server name and choose
    "Recover Database"
    2. Select Drop Database and rebuild from Base 3. Reboot the server"

    > I have the same problem. I have tried creating new jobs with the same

    names
    > as the old jobs but I get an error message saying a job with that name
    > already exists. It is like the old jobs are invisible.
    >
    > "Rutger Blom" wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > After a successful upgrade from BackupExec for Windows 9.0 to 9.1 it

    seems
    > > that all my backupjobs disappeared!
    > > Can anybody help me out here?
    > >
    > > Best regards,