Hello all;
Had a server running NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 with BE 8.6 using a Compaq 12/24
DDS3 Tape drive. All worked well in this environment. I have now installed
2003 Small Biz server and BE 9.1 on this same server. I am experiencing 2
problems.

First: The tape drive runs for a while then goes offline in BE. If I
go to device manager and scan for changes my tape drive disappears. (I'm
using the driver the BE 9.1 installed) The only way to get the tape device
back is to reboot the server .... sometimes twice. Do I have a bad driver
or a bad tape drive?

Second: I am getting no compression on the drive. The most I seem to
be able to get on one tape is around 11.5 to 11.8 Gb. I have it set for hardware
if available otherwise software. The job log shows hardware compression is
enabled.

Any thoughts that might get me out of a pinch here??

Thanks!!