Why the backup won't fit in one tape anymore? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Why the backup won't fit in one tape anymore? - Veritas Backup Exec ; see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/199542.htm It is entirely possible that you were right on the edge of fitting before. If some of the data has changed such that it is now just a 2-3 percent LESS compressible, then what you are observing may ...

  1. Re: Why the backup won't fit in one tape anymore?

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/199542.htm

    It is entirely possible that you were right on the edge of fitting before.
    If some of the data has changed such that it is now just a 2-3 percent LESS
    compressible, then what you are observing may happen.

    "Kean Huat Yeap" wrote in message

    > Hi group, i'm running BE 8.6 on Windows 2000 SP 4. I was able to do a full
    > backup of our 48gb data on a single tape (70gb) a couple weeks ago. But

    now,
    > BE will ask for second tape just to backup another 1 gb of data i order to
    > complete the backup. I'm really confused by this as 48 gb data should be
    > able to fit into a 70 gb tape. I've tried to do a quick erase on the tape
    > but no use. I'm doing full backup on every Friday and differential backup
    > on every Monday-Friday. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

  2. Why the backup won't fit in one tape anymore?

    Hi group, i'm running BE 8.6 on Windows 2000 SP 4. I was able to do a full
    backup of our 48gb data on a single tape (70gb) a couple weeks ago. But now,
    BE will ask for second tape just to backup another 1 gb of data i order to
    complete the backup. I'm really confused by this as 48 gb data should be
    able to fit into a 70 gb tape. I've tried to do a quick erase on the tape
    but no use. I'm doing full backup on every Friday and differential backup
    on every Monday-Friday. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread