Catalog Problem: Error code a00084fa HEX - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalog Problem: Error code a00084fa HEX - Veritas Backup Exec ; "One or more pieces of media in the media family being cataloged has not been inventoried. No objects on these media may be cataloged." Problem is, I DID inventory the tape, and Backup Exec says the inventory was successful. Any ...

  1. Catalog Problem: Error code a00084fa HEX

    "One or more pieces of media in the media family being cataloged has not been
    inventoried. No objects on these media may be cataloged."

    Problem is, I DID inventory the tape, and Backup Exec says the inventory
    was successful. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Catalog Problem: Error code a00084fa HEX

    "Dan Phelps" wrote:

    >"One or more pieces of media in the media family being cataloged has not

    been
    >inventoried. No objects on these media may be cataloged."
    >
    >Problem is, I DID inventory the tape, and Backup Exec says the inventory
    >was successful. Any ideas?

    Hi,
    What you could try doing is that every time you run an inventory the first
    time, eject the tape, insert it again and run the inventory again! There
    might have been some internal error although you did not get any message
    indicating that. For further information, the following technotes might be
    able to help you in a certain way.

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/200962.htm AND

    The catalog is probably not recognizing the inventory run on the tape initially

+ Reply to Thread