9.1 - how I can I tell what tape was used? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 9.1 - how I can I tell what tape was used? - Veritas Backup Exec ; In 9.0, I was able to look in the Job History (and the job history tab -- instead of the job log tab) and be able to see what tapes were used during the different jobs. It looks to me ...

  1. 9.1 - how I can I tell what tape was used?

    In 9.0, I was able to look in the Job History (and the job history tab --
    instead of the job log tab) and be able to see what tapes were used during
    the different jobs.

    It looks to me like Veritas removed this from the Job History tab. I can
    still tell what tape was used during the start of the job from the job log
    tab, but it only shows the initial tape -- Example: I know that my FULL
    backup uses at least 3 tapes -- the job log tab will show the first tape,
    but there are no references to the second or third tape.)

    Any suggestions on how I can figure out exactly what tapes were used?

    Thank you in advance,
    TR

  2. Re: 9.1 - how I can I tell what tape was used?

    Media information is no longer recorded on the Job History information. You
    have to expand the Job Log file and do a seach.

    TR

    "Timothy Ross" wrote in message
    > In 9.0, I was able to look in the Job History (and the job history tab --
    > instead of the job log tab) and be able to see what tapes were used during
    > the different jobs.
    >
    > It looks to me like Veritas removed this from the Job History tab. I can
    > still tell what tape was used during the start of the job from the job log
    > tab, but it only shows the initial tape -- Example: I know that my FULL
    > backup uses at least 3 tapes -- the job log tab will show the first tape,
    > but there are no references to the second or third tape.)
    >
    > Any suggestions on how I can figure out exactly what tapes were used?
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > TR

+ Reply to Thread