Adaptec 39160 card - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Adaptec 39160 card - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know of any problems with this card and an HP 418 auoloader? BE does not recognize the the autoloader but it does find the drive. I've installed both BE 8.5 and 9.0. I've updated the drivers for the ...

  1. Adaptec 39160 card

    Does anyone know of any problems with this card and an HP 418 auoloader? BE
    does not recognize the the autoloader but it does find the drive. I've installed
    both BE 8.5 and 9.0. I've updated the drivers for the scsi card and made
    sure that the scsi ID's match for the scsi card and the autoloader.

    I would appreciate any help.

    Scott

  2. Re: Adaptec 39160 card

    I have been using my adaptec 39160 without problems. I have an Overland
    Storage xpress autoloader.

    When we first purchased this autoloader, BE had problems recognizing the
    tape drive -- the resolution was to change the SCSI IDs so that the
    autoloader had a lower ID than the tape drive (example: my autoloader is
    SCSI ID 3 and the tape drive is SCSI ID 4).

    Hope this helps,
    TR

    "Scott" wrote in message news:3ff9a67f@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Does anyone know of any problems with this card and an HP 418 auoloader?

    BE
    > does not recognize the the autoloader but it does find the drive. I've

    installed
    > both BE 8.5 and 9.0. I've updated the drivers for the scsi card and made
    > sure that the scsi ID's match for the scsi card and the autoloader.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help.
    >
    > Scott

+ Reply to Thread