Unable to attach to one of the drives (a000848c HEX) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to attach to one of the drives (a000848c HEX) - Veritas Backup Exec ; After a new clean server installation of Backup Exec 9.0 rev 4454 on win2000 sp4 I get the errors from some of the servers drives I backup (SO NOT ALL). The remote agents are from the earlier installation (9.0 rev ...

  1. Unable to attach to one of the drives (a000848c HEX)

    After a new clean server installation of Backup Exec 9.0 rev 4454 on win2000
    sp4 I get the errors from some of the servers drives I backup (SO NOT ALL).
    The remote agents are from the earlier installation (9.0 rev 4454).
    In the earlier installation it worked allright.
    Now I use the same system account etc and I get the error code.
    I've tried to reinstall the Remote Agent but it stays the same.
    When I make a new backup job I can get to the drives which give the error,
    but when the job runs they don't work.
    Hope someone can help me.

  2. Re: Unable to attach to one of the drives (a000848c HEX)

    "mar" wrote:

    >After a new clean server installation of Backup Exec 9.0 rev 4454 on win2000
    >sp4 I get the errors from some of the servers drives I backup (SO NOT ALL).
    >The remote agents are from the earlier installation (9.0 rev 4454).
    >In the earlier installation it worked allright.
    >Now I use the same system account etc and I get the error code.
    >I've tried to reinstall the Remote Agent but it stays the same.
    >When I make a new backup job I can get to the drives which give the error,
    >but when the job runs they don't work.
    >Hope someone can help me.

    Hi,
    In my opinion there may be a mismatch betwn remote agent version and backup
    exec ver.
    Do try this steps it may help:
    1. check the version of remote agent, to do this:
    --go to windows explorer,
    -- browse to the directory 'Install\RANT32'
    --Right-click setup.exe and choose Properties
    --Select the Version tab and see the remote agent version

    2. Push Install Remote Agent
    --Browse to the location where Backup Exec 9.0 revision 4454 has been extracted.

    --Within the containing folder (this folder will vary depending on where
    the files were extracted to) explore to WINNT\INSTALL\RANT32 folder
    --Select VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers.MSI
    --Copy this file to the install path, C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\Agents\RANT32.
    When the Confirm File Replace dialog box appears, click Yes
    --These steps will ensure that the correct version of VERITAS Backup Exec
    for Windows Servers.MSI is installed and that proper push
    or silent installs of the

  3. Re: Unable to attach to one of the drives (a000848c HEX)

    "Erica B" wrote:

    >"mar" wrote:
    >>
    >>After a new clean server installation of Backup Exec 9.0 rev 4454 on win2000
    >>sp4 I get the errors from some of the servers drives I backup (SO NOT ALL).
    >>The remote agents are from the earlier installation (9.0 rev 4454).
    >>In the earlier installation it worked allright.
    >>Now I use the same system account etc and I get the error code.
    >>I've tried to reinstall the Remote Agent but it stays the same.
    >>When I make a new backup job I can get to the drives which give the error,
    >>but when the job runs they don't work.
    >>Hope someone can help me.

    >Hi,
    >In my opinion there may be a mismatch betwn remote agent version and backup
    >exec ver.
    >Do try this steps it may help:
    >1. check the version of remote agent, to do this:
    >--go to windows explorer,
    >-- browse to the directory 'Install\RANT32'
    >--Right-click setup.exe and choose Properties
    >--Select the Version tab and see the remote agent version
    >
    >2. Push Install Remote Agent
    >--Browse to the location where Backup Exec 9.0 revision 4454 has been extracted.
    >
    >--Within the containing folder (this folder will vary depending on where
    >the files were extracted to) explore to WINNT\INSTALL\RANT32 folder
    >--Select VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers.MSI
    >--Copy this file to the install path, C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\Agents\RANT32.
    >When the Confirm File Replace dialog box appears, click Yes
    >--These steps will ensure that the correct version of VERITAS Backup Exec
    > for Windows Servers.MSI is installed and that proper push
    >or silent installs of the

    Erica,
    The versions of backup exec and the remote agents are the same.
    So this is not the solution.

+ Reply to Thread