Alerts appear to remove media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Alerts appear to remove media - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am currently running backup exec 8.6 on windows 2000 SP3. HOwever on this one server I receive an alert to say BAckup complete please remove media from drive. You have to click ok for the backup to complete 100%. ...

  1. Alerts appear to remove media

    I am currently running backup exec 8.6 on windows 2000 SP3. HOwever on this
    one server I receive an alert to say BAckup complete please remove media
    from drive. You have to click ok for the backup to complete 100%. If you do
    not click OK then the nexts days backup is not started. I have compared the
    settings to my other servers and they are all the same but my other servers
    do not prompt this message and insist on a response before contiuing. Does
    anyone have any ideas as how to stop this from happening?
    Many Thanks
    Kim

  2. Re: Alerts appear to remove media

    "kim richards" wrote:
    >I am currently running backup exec 8.6 on windows 2000 SP3. HOwever on this
    >one server I receive an alert to say BAckup complete please remove media
    >from drive. You have to click ok for the backup to complete 100%. If you

    do
    >not click OK then the nexts days backup is not started. I have compared

    the
    >settings to my other servers and they are all the same but my other servers
    >do not prompt this message and insist on a response before contiuing. Does
    >anyone have any ideas as how to stop this from happening?
    >Many Thanks
    >Kim

    If you have selected the "Eject on End" opotion, you will see this behavior.
    See

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/235873.htm and

    for some registry tweaks that will autorespond to alerts.

+ Reply to Thread