how to remove cleaning media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on how to remove cleaning media - Veritas Backup Exec ; hello, i am usin veritas 9 in windows 2000 server with libary,from som reason veritas backup exec 9 decided for me that the media in slot 31 is a cleaning media and the true is that the media in slot ...

  1. how to remove cleaning media

    hello,
    i am usin veritas 9 in windows 2000 server with libary,from som reason veritas
    backup exec 9 decided for me that the media in slot 31 is a cleaning media
    and the true is that the media in slot 31 is a regular lto media,well i checked
    the "cleaning slot" option and its clear and unmark..so i dont know how to
    remove this defenition of cleaning from this media,i cant even to format
    it because when i clicking right click on the media all the options is in
    gray....
    what can i do ?

    respectfully,
    avi azerrad

  2. Re: how to remove cleaning media

    hey avi,

    Might wanna have a look at this.

    Roy.

    "avi" wrote:

    >hello,
    >i am usin veritas 9 in windows 2000 server with libary,from som reason veritas
    >backup exec 9 decided for me that the media in slot 31 is a cleaning media
    >and the true is that the media in slot 31 is a regular lto media,well i

    checked
    >the "cleaning slot" option and its clear and unmark..so i dont know how

    >remove this defenition of cleaning from this media,i cant even to format
    >it because when i clicking right click on the media all the options is in
    >gray....
    >what can i do ?
    >
    >respectfully,
    >avi azerrad