Application error, bengine.exe - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Application error, bengine.exe - Veritas Backup Exec ; After upgradeing my virus protection I started getting the Dr Watson error; An application error has occurred and a log is being generated. bengine.exe Exception access violation (0xc0000005), Address:0x03071c1c The log said, AUTOEXEC.BAT - File failed to be scanned by ...

  1. Application error, bengine.exe

    After upgradeing my virus protection I started getting the Dr Watson error;
    An application error has occurred and a log is being generated.
    bengine.exe Exception access violation (0xc0000005), Address:0x03071c1c

    The log said, AUTOEXEC.BAT - File failed to be scanned by the virus engine
    due to an access error.

    What can I do to fix this because the backup won't run unless I select to
    not scan for a virus on backup.

    Joe

  2. Re: Application error, bengine.exe

    Hello,

    Please check this technote as the this error is usually generated if the
    user logged on does not have the rights to access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS
    registry key.

    Harish

    "Joe" wrote:

    >After upgradeing my virus protection I started getting the Dr Watson error;
    >An application error has occurred and a log is being generated.
    >bengine.exe Exception access violation (0xc0000005), Address:0x03071c1c
    >
    >The log said, AUTOEXEC.BAT - File failed to be scanned by the virus engine
    >due to an access error.
    >
    >What can I do to fix this because the backup won't run unless I select to
    >not scan for a virus on backup.
    >
    >Joe

+ Reply to Thread