Removing win2000 agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Removing win2000 agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ladies and Gents, How can I remove the remote agent from a win2000 box. the option is mission from add/remove programs, the service is present, and no files are present locally on the disk. THANKS...

  1. Removing win2000 agent

    Ladies and Gents,
    How can I remove the remote agent from a win2000 box. the option is mission
    from add/remove programs, the service is present, and no files are present
    locally on the disk.

    THANKS

  2. Re: Removing win2000 agent

    "Vasiliy Boulytchev" wrote in message

    > Ladies and Gents,
    > How can I remove the remote agent from a win2000 box. the option is

    mission
    > from add/remove programs, the service is present, and no files are present
    > locally on the disk.

    That's odd - when I install a remote agent onto a NT4 box, the agent appears
    in that machine's add/remove programs list.

    There's a service removal tool that came with the NT4 resource kit that
    works in Win2K - srvinstw.exe - that lets you remove a service as well as
    manually install one. That will take it out of the list of Services so it
    doesn't run, at least.

    --
    PGP key (0x0AFA039E):
    What's a PGP Key? See

  3. Re: Removing win2000 agent

    why don't you install it again and remove it once more

    > Ladies and Gents,
    > How can I remove the remote agent from a win2000 box. the option is

    mission
    > from add/remove programs, the service is present, and no files are present
    > locally on the disk.
    >

    > THANKS

  4. Re: Removing win2000 agent

    "Vasiliy Boulytchev" wrote:

    >Ladies and Gents,
    >How can I remove the remote agent from a win2000 box. the option is mission
    >from add/remove programs, the service is present, and no files are present
    >locally on the disk.
    >

    >THANKS

    Please refer to the technote at "seer.support.veritas.com" TechNote ID:
    259070.
    You might find a solution to your problem

+ Reply to Thread