Backup to disk keeps failing, why? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup to disk keeps failing, why? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running 9.1 rev 4691 WinNT sp6, backup disk is a LaCie USB 300Gb drive attached to a Win2k server on my network. I am trying to do an incremental job to this disk, but every job fails after around 1.5 ...

  1. Backup to disk keeps failing, why?

    Running 9.1 rev 4691
    WinNT sp6, backup disk is a LaCie USB 300Gb drive attached to a Win2k server
    on my network.

    I am trying to do an incremental job to this disk, but every job fails after
    around 1.5 gb has been sent to the usb drive.
    The error in the BE log is:
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error: 0xa00084f4 - An unknown error has occured.

    My backup disk is set to 100 Gb file capacity btw....

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Backup to disk keeps failing, why?

    Hi Steve,

    Please check the following:

    1>Network usage.
    2>User rights on the data being backed up.

    Since the error comes after 1.5gb, we need to check is it the network or
    the data being backed up.We need to change the options for logs so it gives
    more info.

    Steps>
    1>Go to TOOLS
    2>OPTIONS
    3>Job Logs (on the left pane)
    4>select the last option in the radio button options.

    Now run the job again.
    If it fails, check the logs to find the exact file/folder where the job fails.

    Try de-selecting that file/folder and run job again.

    cheers,

    Roy.

    "steve" wrote:

    >Running 9.1 rev 4691
    >WinNT sp6, backup disk is a LaCie USB 300Gb drive attached to a Win2k server
    >on my network.
    >
    >I am trying to do an incremental job to this disk, but every job fails after
    >around 1.5 gb has been sent to the usb drive.
    >The error in the BE log is:
    > Completed status: Failed
    > Final error: 0xa00084f4 - An unknown error has occured.
    >
    >My backup disk is set to 100 Gb file capacity btw....
    >
    >Any suggestions?

  3. Re: Backup to disk keeps failing, why?

    Steve,

    Please check the VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers v9.x Device Support
    List for All Devices. Check whether the LaCie USB 300gb drive exist in the
    list.

    the website for the drive list is
    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists..._prod1_NT9.htm

    Harish

    "steve" wrote:

    >Running 9.1 rev 4691
    >WinNT sp6, backup disk is a LaCie USB 300Gb drive attached to a Win2k server
    >on my network.
    >
    >I am trying to do an incremental job to this disk, but every job fails after
    >around 1.5 gb has been sent to the usb drive.
    >The error in the BE log is:
    > Completed status: Failed
    > Final error: 0xa00084f4 - An unknown error has occured.
    >
    >My backup disk is set to 100 Gb file capacity btw....
    >
    >Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread