Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Have you tried uninstalling the Remote Agent, booting and then installing the new one? "Vasiliy Boulytchev" wrote in message news:3ff31001@ROSASTDMZ05.... > > Ladies and Gents, > When attempting to extend Remote Agent to a Windows 2000 server, I get > ...

  1. Re: Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0

    > Ladies and Gents,
    > When attempting to extend Remote Agent to a Windows 2000 server, I get
    > the following error:
    > ---------------
    > Install has detected previously installed verion of :
    >
    > BLANK
    >
    > which is not supported for this upgrade
    > -----------------------
    >
    > We upgraded form 8.5 to 9.0
    >
    > THANKS!

  2. Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0

    Ladies and Gents,
    When attempting to extend Remote Agent to a Windows 2000 server, I get
    the following error:
    ---------------
    Install has detected previously installed verion of :

    BLANK

    which is not supported for this upgrade
    -----------------------

    We upgraded form 8.5 to 9.0

    THANKS!

  3. Re: Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0

    As I recall, the v8 agent installs in a directory call BEREMOTE on the same
    drive as the \winnt directory.

    In that dir should be an exe called BEREMOVE (I think., I'm at home today)
    Run that and the removal should be complete.

    You could also go registry diving and remove all keys with Veritas or
    BackupExec in them

    > Ken, The problem is now that, exactly.
    >
    > The agent installation on the remote server is incomplete, the service is
    > present, however no files are present in the correct location. How can I
    > completely remove the agent without a question. The installation is not
    > present in add/remove and there are no files in the

    c:\programfiles\veritas

    > THANKS!
    >

    > "ken putnam" wrote:
    > >Have you tried uninstalling the Remote Agent, booting and then installing
    > >the new one?
    > >

    > >"Vasiliy Boulytchev" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Ladies and Gents,
    > >> When attempting to extend Remote Agent to a Windows 2000 server, I

    get
    > >> the following error:
    > >> ---------------
    > >> Install has detected previously installed verion of :
    > >>
    > >> BLANK
    > >>
    > >> which is not supported for this upgrade
    > >> -----------------------
    > >>
    > >> We upgraded form 8.5 to 9.0
    > >>
    > >> THANKS!

  4. Re: Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0

    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >Have you tried uninstalling the Remote Agent, booting and then installing
    >the new one?
    >

    >"Vasiliy Boulytchev" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ladies and Gents,
    >> When attempting to extend Remote Agent to a Windows 2000 server, I get
    >> the following error:
    >> ---------------
    >> Install has detected previously installed verion of :
    >>
    >> BLANK
    >>
    >> which is not supported for this upgrade
    >> -----------------------
    >>
    >> We upgraded form 8.5 to 9.0
    >>
    >> THANKS!

  5. Re: Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0

    Hi..try uninstalling 8.5 and then reinstall 9.0..hope this helps.

  6. Re: Extending Remote Agent to 2000, bkupexec 9.0

    Vasiliy Boulytchev wrote:

    > The agent installation on the remote server is incomplete, the service is
    > present, however no files are present in the correct location. How can I
    > completely remove the agent without a question. The installation is not
    > present in add/remove and there are no files in the
    > c:\programfiles\veritas

    I recommend repeating the installation of the old version to get a
    "correct" install, then uninstall it.

    Regards,

    Bill

+ Reply to Thread